many families have lived at Frötuna
According to legend, King Frode lived at Frötuna. Likely is that Frötuna is named after the fertility god Frej, also called Frös. The oldest known owner is Magnus Tyrgilsson Färla. For centuries Frötuna belonged to families like Stralendorp, Ulf and Björnlår. From the 14th century clans like Posse, Kyle, Ribbing and Soop. In the middle of the 17th century Johan Gyllenkrok built the first stone and brickbuildings. After a fire in 1840 Frötuna was rebuilt to its current appearance. In 1775 the farm was sold to Lord Baron Charles de Geer. Subsequently Frötuna belonged to the family de Geer until Louis de Geer's eldest daughter Marianne, the wife of Oscar II's grandson Carl Bernadotte of Wisborg, took over the farm in 1925. Since 2001, Frötuna is owned by their grandson Carl Bernadotte and his wife Charlotte.